How to correctly Fit Test our Respirator Face Masks
5 point CheckList for Face Fitting
To minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 during face-fit testing the following 5 point checklist should be followed:
- fit-testers should follow follow social distancing and make instructions verbally from a safe distance
- keep your respirator face mask on if you have to help a colleague
- both the fit tester and those being fit tested should wash their hands before and after the fit testing
- our disposable half masks should not be used by more than one individual.
- immediately dispose of used disposable masks in a waste bin
The following video provides guidance on how to put on disposable respirators and how to do a pre-use seal check or fit test.
Credit: Health and Safety Executive 15 April 2020.